- Where are we now?
Supacat has undergone a period of considerable growth while retaining its focus as ‘an innovative design house'. A market leader in the development of high-mobility vehicles, we have proven ourselves to be the place to come for good ideas that can be transferred into the very best products.
One of our key strengths is our dynamic prototyping capability. The tempo and threat levels on current operations (particularly in Afghanistan) are demanding rapid solutions to constantly evolving requirements.
Supacat has proven that our skills, experience, dedication and focus provide exactly what the customer needs and we are demonstrating that this can be done within the demanding UOR timescales of the day.
The modern battlefield is driving a need for considerably higher performance platforms than those seen in the past and we are delighted to provide products that fit that mould and make the grade, delivered on time.
Notable recent achievements include:
- In 2008/2009 we saw the successful deployment of the widely acclaimed British Army Jackal into Afghanistan. Over 200 Jackal 1, and over 120 Jackal 2, have been delivered and our vehicles are saving lives right now.
- Following a hugely popular receipt into service of Jackal 2, we delivered around 150 more of the improved Jackal 2a to UK MoD in 2010.
- Supacat's 6x6 Coyote was selected for the UK's Tactical Support Vehicle (Light) programme and the delivery of over 75 Coyotes was completed in early 2010.
- The RNLI has selected Supacat as the preferred supplier of the future Lifeboat Launch and Recovery System (LLRS). The design is now being developed from first prototype into pre-production.
- More recently we have successfully expanded our offering by providing specialist vehicles for the oil and gas sector. We are transferring our skills and technology into the renewable energy sector where our innovative mechanical engineering skills are put to good use.
- Our Customer Support Team has expanded and now fully supports all our customers including deployed support on operations (CONDO), training, repairs, spares and post-design services (upgrades and improvements).
- Where are we going?
- Where have we been?
- Meet the team - UK
- Meet the team - Australia